Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bryan_K  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:50:04 AM(UTC)
Bryan_K

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the Stirrer Motor in my Kitchen Aid over the range microwave. I have ordered the stirrer motor kit. I found this post in the ordering area, but I would like to get some clarification.

Remove the cabinet outer cover.
Remove the two front and two rear top cover screws.
Remove the humidity sensor ground wire screw from the rear panel.
Slide the top cover to the left and unhook the four front locking tabs in the cover with the slots in the chassis.
Lift the left end of the top cover and prop it up so you can access the stirrer motor.
Remove the screws from the motor and disconnect the wire connectors from the motor terminals.
Open the microwave oven door.
Use a putty knife and pry the stirrer motor cover with the plastic rivets off the top of the oven cavity.
Carefully pull the mica cover off the stirrer motor opening and remove the stirrer fan.
NOTE: The cover is held in place with Selastic adhesive.
Use a piece of sandpaper and clean the adhesive and other debris from around the stirrer motor opening.
Install the new stirrer motor to the unit with the two screws you removed earlier, and connect the wires to the terminals.
Apply a 1/8? bead of Selastic around the unpainted area of the stirrer motor opening. Make sure that the bead goes completely around the opening with no breaks, so that a complete seal is made between the cover and the top of the oven cavity.
Install the stirrer fan onto the stirrer motor shaft as far as it will go.
Place the mica cover over the stirrer motor opening and align the four holes with those in the oven cavity.
Press the cover firmly onto the adhesive, and install the four rivets in the holes. Hope this helps.

So my additional questions:

I need to remove the unit from the wall?
Need to remove the stirrer motor from the top, and the stirrer fan from inside the unit?
I do not have to disassemble the exhaust fan in performing this repair?
Is there any other parts you would recommend replacing at the same time?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.