Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lbert  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:00:50 PM(UTC)
Lbert

Groups: Registered

I need help on a possible model number for a Samsung microwave.

Samsung model number is printed on a label placed inside the cabinet. Through the years of cleaning the inside of the microwave, the print on the label has washed out. I could not find the manual, and no label printed at the back of the unit either. What is unique to my microwave unlike others is that it has a vent hood that I can activate whereby it would slide forward from the housing thereby capture more of the air coming underneath. I can turn it off and the vent hood would retract back. I had the unit for about 8 years or so.

My problem is the unit will not turn on at all; no lights, no display. I am only getting about 8 Vac on the low side of the HV transformer. Based on my research on this web site, I likely have problem with a switch or a sensor.

I am getting continuity to the megatron therm sensor. As to the other 2 sensors behind the control board, one has continuity and the other does not. The sensor that is not getting continuity (I believe is bad) says on one side, NT101 KIE, and on the other side, N40 70 3705.

Without the model number, I am stuck trying to find the sensor. Thank you in advance for any assistance I can get.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.