Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
msebar  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:01:27 PM(UTC)
msebar

Groups: Registered

When using the microwave only not convection there is an electrical burning smell. Everything seems to work fine. I open the Control Panel and I tuned the microwave on and could not smell or see anything fried in that area. When I turn the fan on the burning smell increase. I put everything back together and and left it. When I woke up in the morning the digital display was now very light. I unpluged it and the pluged it in and the display was all jumbled. I removed the unit from the wall. Upon removing the top cover on the upper left side one wire and the connector was fried. From the parts diagram it was the thermostat that the wire was connected to. Here is my question. Do I repair the wire and connector or replace the thermostat also. Will this fix the problem or do you think something else is wrong being there are now display issues. If so can you explain. Thank you very much for your time.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fredpeterson543  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2013 10:17:10 PM(UTC)
fredpeterson543

to stop any further damages to the the microwave , just go to an electric shop and change the thermostat and i think if there are no problems with the connector and wire you can use them.

Web Designing Companies in Delhi
JulesLamers  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:20:20 AM(UTC)
JulesLamers

Yeah you should immediately take it to the electrician rather then getting on to fixing it all by yourself.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:43:18 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Listen to these guys..........microwaves are the most dangerous thing you can work on in appliances. Call a service tech or take it to a shop
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply