Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Microwave Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/)
-   -   Microwave Fire (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/533208-microwave-fire.html)

Roddog 08-18-2013 11:10 AM

Microwave Fire
 
I had a small fire in my GE Spacemaker (model # above) and now the control panel is black. Its still getting power whereas the light comes on when I open the door.

I've seen other post regarding this issue but not for my specific model. Any help regarding my model would be appreciated. thanks

scott5495 08-18-2013 12:24 PM

microwave fire
 
if the fire did no damage to the inside of the microwave and the fire was caused by overheating food such as popcorn, the micro is repairable. there is a flame sensor, or overheat fuse that has opened. this is a one time fuse and is not resettable. you must take the cover off the micro to access. can be checked with an ohm meter for continuity.

Orenlor 08-30-2013 03:15 AM

Many times it happens that fire is caused because of overheating of the food. In this situation we have to repair the microwave and change the flame sensor.

http://www.selogerneuf.com/immobilier/ile-de-france.htm


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17