Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nitro itch  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:29:37 AM(UTC)
Nitro itch

Groups: Registered

The microwave will make same humming sound as normal but will not heat dish of water. The transformer does cycle as normal so I suspected the megatron and opened up the unit. Checked megaton and saw no cracks on magnet, and had continuity through it. Checked fuse and both thermostat switches, and all had continuity. Checked both capacitors with a capacitor tester and they had perfect values. Check small resistor attached to one of the hi-volt capacitor terminals and it had continuity also. From reading other post they mention a diode...but I don't see a diode in this unit nor do I see on in the parts diagrams offered on this site.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:15:40 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

You can find the diode #5018 on the diagram

parts for LG LMV2073ST - AppliancePartsPros.com

If the diode has continuity trough it's bad.
If the diode is fine then most likely there is a bad magnetron. Even if it's not burnt out it may loose the vacuum, which prevents the electrons inside it to reach the necessary speed.

The magnetron Part number: 6324W1A001H
Part number: 6324W1A001H

Post the results.

Simon.
Nitro itch  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:12:07 PM(UTC)
Nitro itch

I just found the schematic and component test procedures for this microwave under the control panel...and it shows that the diode should have continuity in one direction and none in the opposite. So I removed the diode and checked it off of its mounting of one wire too ground the other to capacitor...and it show open in both directions. So is it good or bad.
Nitro itch  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
Nitro itch

The info sheet also included testing of magnate on: Resistance from filament to filament terminals was correct at less than 1 ohm. But filament to chassis was reading 30 plus ohms....on both terminals to ground which the sheet is abnormal because it's suppose to be infinity..... So does abnormal mean it's bad....I'm abnormal but it doesnt mean I'm bad :-)
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:58:27 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Put the test lids one on each side of the diode contacts and if there is no continuity the diode is most likely good.
If there is continuity between the filament contact and ground - the magnetron is bad.
You can replace both the diode and the magnetron (diode is unexpensive).

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply