Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BarrySG  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 11:43:57 AM(UTC)
BarrySG

Groups: Registered

I am trying to rebuild the microwave portion of this Built-in microwave/convection oven unit, model # KEMC308KSS04; it was severely damamged by the previous homeowner as a result of "forclosure" (they were trying to remove the combo unit for sale before the bank got it). What was left was a "sort of" working microwave oven without it's stainless steel face. The plastic door frame is fractured and there are some other parts that are missing. I've figured out what major parts of the microwave that I need but, from the AppliancePartsPros website, it is very unclear what screws are needed to attche and connect together these major components.
I need part numbers and quantities for the screws for the following -
item # 2, Frame-door, #AP3851076
item # 7, Door glass, Assy.(black stainless steel), # AP3126293
and to connect the frame-door (item # 2) to the inner door (item # 11)
The microwave itself is still functional, even with the inner door taped to the inner frame but this is probably unsafe. I realize that I will need to purchase about $400.00 worht of parts but I'd like to order the correct parts on the first (and hopefully) last order. Thanks for any and all help.
Regards,
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 3:29:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unfortunately the diagrams, provided by the manufacturer, are very unclear. Hopefully the Service manual will help you at least to determine the number of screws needed and the assembly procedure.

Gene.
BarrySG  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:12:13 AM(UTC)
BarrySG

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately the diagrams, provided by the manufacturer, are very unclear. Hopefully the Service manual will help you at least to determine the number of screws needed and the assembly procedure.

Gene.

I have received most of the parts needed to restore this microwave face on the built-in microwave convection combo. I decided to do a test build on what I have received and found that one of the parts that I ordered apparently is not a correct part. On your exploded diagram of the microwave door, there is a part called "Bracket, handle," item # 9, your part number is AP3131997 (Whirlpool part # 4452331). This parts screw and through holes do not line up with the Stainless Steel handles screw holes (AP3851088, Whirlpool # 9760544). I called Whirlpool support and explained this issue to them and they said to measure the "Bracket, Handle" and it is supposed to be 26.6 inches long. It also appears to be 26.6 inches long on the blown up picture of the part in the one inche matrix diagram of it. The one that I received from APP was 23 1/8 inches long and that's why it does not line up all the holes correctly. All the part numbers on the boxes shipped were correct. Since I have not received the "Door glass, assembly (black Stainless)," APP # AP3126293, Whirlpool # 4452259, because it's on your back-order (scheduled to come in Nov.15, '09), I have some time for this to be researched and corrected by your stock people, but I need this to be corrected. I have over $400.00 invested in this repair and I will be unable to do any of it without this bracket being the correct size. My APP order number is 846790 and the model # is KEMC308KSS04. I have gone on your live support chat and have called twice only to be told that this will have to be investegated by a higher level support person. I need this resolved very soon. Please reply by email bsbs.good@gmail.com or by phone, 719-393-2118 (cell). Thank you.
Adam / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 2:46:29 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear BarrySG,

I checked on your order through us and according to our records we have ran the issue through Whirlpool as well coming to the conclusion that Whirlpool has sent us a mispacked part. A replacement is currently on order as of yesterday through Whirlpool with no ETA at this time. This means that anyone without the 4452331 in their stock will have to order it and wait for it to become available from the manufacture as well. I wish there was more that can be done. Once we receive it you will have it shipped to you.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We do value your business.
BarrySG  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:57:29 PM(UTC)
BarrySG

Sounds good.
So I guess that APP will resend the correct part when it comes in from Whirlpool. Will I receive an RMA and UPS shipping label to return the incorrect part? How soon can I expect the correct part (Handle, bracket)? I would appreciate that this be handled as somewhat urgent. I am expecting the remaining part from my order some time mid-November, '09, at which time I would like to complete the restoration of this appliance. thank you. Regards,
Barry Goodman
Adam / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:24:32 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear BarrSG,

The replacement will be sent to you as soon as it becomes available through Whirlpool. Currently Whirlpool has no estimated time of arrival at this time.

If you dont receive it in two weeks please call our toll free number 1-877-477-7278 and one of our representatives will be glad to help you.

If you have any further questions please feel free to also call us.
bsbs.good@gmail.com  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 1:35:08 PM(UTC)
bsbs.good@gmail.com

OK, FINALLY I received all the necessary parts needed to restore this microwave/convection oven built-in. It looks great (again). One of the problems it had when I first arrived (back in late Sept., 09)was that the oven door would not close all the way; it would remain open about two inches. I figured it needed new door hinge assemblies so I ordered them at the same time. I put them in and the oven door did exactly the same thing - would remain open about two inches. I found (accidentally) that wiggling the oven door around, twisting, etc., it would close fully. When I put the cabinet trim back in place (not even touching the oven door), the oven door would again not close all the way. What the heck am I doing wrong???? The last time, I was with the tenant and had completely given up on getting the oven door to close when she opened and closed it and it closed all the way. I decided not to touch it any futher and to seek some help from you guys. so what am I doing wrong???????
BarrySG  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 8:34:51 AM(UTC)
BarrySG

OK, for all of you that may have run into this problem. I replaced the oven door hinges (I think now that the original hinges were probably OK) and the oven door still did not close all the way. I played with it a couple of times and lucked out one time; got it closed but I didn't know what it was that I did to achieve that success. I got a call from the home owner a few weeks later to say that the oven door was not closing all the way again. I thought about it extensively and when I went out there and got to play with it again, I found that if you latch the oven door hinges, as described in the units documents, and then push the hinges into the oven as far and as tight as you can, the door will not close all the way (the thermal gasket on the door becomes extra compressed at the bottom and does not allow the door to close all the way). BUT if you pull the hinges out about "two hairs" (maybe about a 1/8 to 1/16 inch), the hinges engage the receivers in the oven body better and the door closes every time. The problem is that if you open the oven door too far or too fast/hard, you can dislodge the hinge from its best position. I tested the oven door several times, fast, slow, hard, etc., and it closes all the way every time now.
Woo-Hoo! :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply