Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Microwave Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/)
-   -   GE JVM1660BB Spacemaker -- Not heating (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/517190-ge-jvm1660bb-spacemaker-not-heating.html)

cpcordell 02-03-2013 08:49 PM

GE JVM1660BB Spacemaker -- Not heating

The house was built in 2000 and came with this trusty microwave. No issues until this afternoon.
Reacts normally but does not heat. I hear the relay click when the (I assume) magnetron is supposed to get power but the usual low hum is not present. I tried at 50% power but the usual small dim of the under counter light never happens when the click is heard for it to heat.
Everything else works and no pop, smells, or anything other happening right before it failed.
I did a power reset at the breaker for 10 mins but that was not help -- just a thought it needed a reset since I am a computer guy.

I assume a magnetron here. What else could it be?

Simon / APP Team 02-04-2013 11:06 AM

Hi.

Based on the information you provided it's the magnetron.

If you need the part number post the complete model number of the MW.

Simon.

Homeuser66 02-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team (Post 798151)
Hi.

Based on the information you provided it's the magnetron.

If you need the part number post the complete model number of the MW.

Simon.

Hi, I have the exact same problem....model number JVM1660BB 003

ron1959 02-27-2013 01:22 PM

ron59

[quote=cpcordell;798106]The house was built in 2000 and came with this trusty microwave. No issues until this afternoon.
Reacts normally but does not heat. I hear the relay click when the (I assume) magnetron is supposed to get power but the usual low hum is not present. I tried at 50% power but the usual small dim of the under counter light never happens when the click is heard for it to heat.
Everything else works and no pop, smells, or anything other happening right before it failed.
I did a power reset at the breaker for 10 mins but that was not help -- just a thought it needed a reset since I am a computer guy.

I assume a magnetron here. What else could it be?[/quote

I have the same problem. The H.V. Diode check bad. If it is the magneton,
better to by new MW..

Homeuser66 02-27-2013 08:32 PM

[quote=ron1959;801370]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpcordell (Post 798106)
The house was built in 2000 and came with this trusty microwave. No issues until this afternoon.

I assume a magnetron here. What else could it be?[/quote

I have the same problem. The H.V. Diode check bad. If it is the magneton,
better to by new MW..

Yeah...We did...it come's on Friday..