Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John Redd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:38:09 AM(UTC)
John Redd

Groups: Registered

the microwave listed above quit cooking. I disassembled it and checked the following:

ohmed fuse
ohmed magnatron Short between terminals, open-terminals to ground
checked voltage coming into inverter board- 120v
checked magnetron thermistor- closed
ohmed interlocks-good

since i had voltage coming into the inverter, my thought it must be the inverter since the magnatron ohmed ok. I replace the inverter and it did not heat at first, then it started heating. I installed it (over the range) and tested it and it heated. this morning it does not heat

i can see the magnatron glowing red inside when it was working. it has made a slight hissing noise a few times (pulsating)

unfortunately, i found this forum too late....i just read that you can order parts and return the ones you do not use! How amazing is that? I just spent $120 on this microwave for the inverter and it may not be the problem.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. the only thing I have not tested is the voltage/signal coming into the inverter from the control panel. it is a 3 wire plug and I cannot find any information on what the voltage/signal should be into the inverter

At this point I am thinking the magnetron is bad...or could it be the control panel and the voltage/signal on the 3 wire plug....being intermittent makes it even harder to find the right part without spending more than the microwave is worth.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.