Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcantergiani  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:22:29 AM(UTC)
jcantergiani

Groups: Registered

Microwave did not heat so I replaced a cracked magnetron and diode. Still didn't heat (but all other functions working fine). I found a bad thermostat fuse and replaced it. It now heats, but as soon as I plugged it in this time after replacing the thermo-fuse, the hood vent exhaust fan turned on. The touch pad only lets me toggle from high to medium exhaust and skips low and off. I also noticed the light that illuminates the stovetop below only toggles from high to nite light to off, but skips medium light. All other touchpad funtions operate as normal. I appreciate any ideas you can give me. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Roadsider  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:02:05 PM(UTC)
Roadsider

I'm no help, I know, but I have exactly the same problem.
jcantergiani  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:36:10 PM(UTC)
jcantergiani

Originally Posted by: Roadsider Go to Quoted Post
I'm no help, I know, but I have exactly the same problem.

This is from two years ago, so I can't remember what I did, but I got the fan to be able to turn off and on with the right number of speeds (and I was wrong about the light....there is no medium light). Anyway, the microwave would not heat UNLESS I turn on the exhaust fan. I couldn't figure it out, so I installed it back on the wall and now for the last two years we just have to turn on the exhaust fan for the microwave to heat. No fan, no heat. It's a slight annoyance, but we're otherwise glad it works now after having to replace the magnetron.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply