Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ctrl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:16:25 PM(UTC)
Ctrl

Groups: Registered

I accidentally hit the vent fan button, and now it won't t shut off, until I unplug the unit. The repair man will cost a lot in order to get this fixed, but am hoping that with the help of some good people on here. I can find the correct part and do it myself. I took off the vent cover to see if I can get at the touch pad, but it looks harder than expected. Has anyone ever tried to take off the the touch pad on any microwave? I don't think it will matter what brand, just need some basic info on how to take it off, and maybe if there is any special tools needed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 3:25:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In order to open the control panel you have to remove the top grille first.

I don't think the cause of the problem is a bad touch pad. More likely the fan relay on the control board got stock.

- The control board Part number: 53001347
Ctrl  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 5, 2012 2:09:58 PM(UTC)
Ctrl

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
In order to open the control panel you have to remove the top grille first.

I don't think the cause of the problem is a bad touch pad. More likely the fan relay on the control board got stock.

- The control board Part number: 53001347

Thanks Gene. I got the grill off, and the touch pad off, but from what I see, your part doesn't match what I see on mine.
Ctrl attached the following image(s):
Picture 1003.jpg
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 1:21:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

This is only one picture from the back side of the part. Click on it and you will see two more pictures.

Gene.
Ctrl  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:26:00 AM(UTC)
Ctrl

Okay, I got to looking at the panel and I don't think I need any special tools other than a phillips. I am wondering about the thin plastic sheet that controls the digital readout. The part that is green on the board, has a plastic piece that came lose when I moved it and dicovered it has to do with the digital readout and without it, the microwave doesn't work. Anything else I need to be aware of?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:42:11 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Ctrl Go to Quoted Post
...I am wondering about the thin plastic sheet that controls the digital readout. The part that is green on the board, has a plastic piece that came lose when I moved it...

You are probably talking about the ribbon cable which connects the touch pad and the control board.

If it was loose then try to reconnect the ribbon cable. Before you'll do it, clean the edge connector using a pencil eraser. Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for a hairline cracks. A magnifying glass may help. Reconnect everything and give it a try.

Gene.
Ctrl  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:17:29 PM(UTC)
Ctrl

okay.. I thought I was going to have to go buy a pencil. I got that done and nothing changed. But I have one more worry and its the stopper for me trying to repair this one. I am wondering if it's going to be worth it, if the magnetron is failing. I read online that a 1000W should take 1 minute to heat a cup of water. I'm not sure that's correct, but mine does take longer, about 1:10 using a cup of water from the faucet. Not extremely hot like a hot cup of coffee, but close. So maybe that's a no worry. Okay if you think we are good to go, I'll order the board. Oh I have a cal into the repair shop to see if my worry's about the magnetron are useless. They might come out and check it for me.

Thanks a great bunch Gene... Like I told my brother, sometimes two heads are better than one..
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:49:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Ctrl Go to Quoted Post
...I read online that a 1000W should take 1 minute to heat a cup of water. I'm not sure that's correct, but mine does take longer, about 1:10 using a cup of water from the faucet...

Exact measured cup of tap water should start to boil in about 2 minutes.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply