|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
oster microwave wiring repair question
Model Number: otm1101gbs Brand: -other- Age: 1 - 5 years
Microwave started smelling like burnt plastic/rubber then shut-off itself while heating a mug of coffee. After this, the unit would not power back on (also tested the outlet and the microwave in other wall outlets). I took the outer cover off of it and saw a wire/connection had burnt out towards the top of the unit (see 3 pictures linked below).
I'm somewhat handy with wood & construction, but know little about electronics repair. I was wondering if this is something that I could fix myself - and if I did (or tried to fix it) is it most likely worthwhile to try - as opposed to buying a new one. Also, could I buy generic replacement parts or would I have to order them from Oster. And finally, how much would/should a local repair shop charge to fix this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Stainless Steel exterior
1.1 cu ft
online manual: http://dl.anyusermanual.com/pdf/man/...anual-3544.pdf
Ads By Google
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|oster microwave||pauly 2012||Microwave Repair||2||07-22-2012 11:39 AM|
|Microwave turntable repair question||Ummagumma||Microwave Repair||1||03-29-2012 12:39 PM|
|Switch wiring question||rustypryor||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||1||01-26-2012 01:16 PM|
|Oven wiring question||tommyboy84||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||3||09-15-2008 03:29 PM|
|Microwave/microoven repair question?||ncpitman||Microwave Repair||0||12-07-2007 09:12 AM|