Discuss

Whirlpool G2 GH6177XPQ6 No Power Blows Circuit breaker

in

Microwave Repair

. "

Hi! Have a Whirlpool G2 Microven that Made a loud popping noise and flash while cooking and it lost all

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » Whirlpool G2 GH6177XPQ6 No Power Blows Circuit breaker

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 05:57 AM

aarndt1 is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool G2 GH6177XPQ6 No Power Blows Circuit breaker
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi!

Have a Whirlpool G2 Microven that Made a loud popping noise and flash while cooking and it lost all power. It immedately immitted a strong / burnt electrical smell. I checked the GFI and replaced the Ceramic fuse. I also discovered at the same time that it wall socket it was plugged into was now dead (Just this outlet on the string of GFI outlets on the same breaker).

Upon using an extension cord for an alternate source of power, the touch pad lites up but every time I push the start button to cook something, It blows the ceramic fuse and is DOA. There is also still a strong burnt Electrical smell coming from the cabin.

In looking behind the control panel when replacing the ceramic fuse and I do not see anything burnt or any wires that look cooked. About two weeks ago it did start the problem that it would not shut off when you opened the door but I had not gotten around to replacing the three micro switches (Told that was the cause of that problem).

Could this be the cause of the problem or do I need to look deeper into the belly of the beast and start thinking Inverter, power supply or something else?
Any Help Is greatly appreicated.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.