GE Microwave fuse question
My Spacesaver microwave died in the middle of heating up my dinner.:mad: I accessed the fuse and found it to be dead (overload on my ohm meter). When I removed the fuse, I examined it and found it to be a 250V, 20A fuse...My house is 120VAC, and I was wondering if this is the correct fuse? It is a metal capped cardboard cartridge; black with a white stripe at the end with the 250V stamp (followed by UL in a circle and SA in a circle). (the other end has BUSS MDA 20A stamped on it).
I am also at a loss as to why the fuse blew...and will see if I can find if the door contacts are not making good contact. Any other ideas?
Just checked switches...two close when door closes, one closes when door opens--as it should be. Fuse spec. inside the cabinet "CES6 or MDA 20 rated 120V/250V 20A Part Number R07135-54" So, it looks like it was the correct fuse, maybe door wasn't tight enough for one of the switches to make good contact?
Also, do you know where I can find a maintenance/repair/service manual for the GE Spacesaver JVM1440WA 001 Microwave Oven? I know it is out of production, so maybe GE has released the manuals?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.