Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob B  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 4:23:21 PM(UTC)
Bob B

Groups: Registered

Hello,
My Litton Generation II combination Microwave/oven just failed. The convention Oven works fine, however, the microwave does not work at all. The clock and all power is shut down. I checked the circuit breakers and they are all on. I also opened the glass cover plate and changed the screw-in fuse. That did not work.

I recall having a similar problem several years ago, and a forum such as this helped me identify an internal component. I believe (but not sure) that it was a diode. I ordered and replaced the part as instructed and the unit has worked since. I believe I am experiencing the same problem.

Does anyone have any experience with this and do you know the part I am referring. If so, please advise.

Thanks,

Bob B.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mustarddog  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:54:56 PM(UTC)
mustarddog

My Litton Aire Generation II Microwave just did the exact same thing today. Did you ever find the answer to repair it? Just curious. Thanks.
bsl121  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:48:27 PM(UTC)
bsl121

Hi,
We just tried to fix my Mom's 1986 microwave that also has no power to light, fan and microwave. Would you let us know where the glass panel is to replace the fuse? We opened the control panel where the keypads were to the right and saw lots of wires but didn't see a fuse. Also we opened up under where the light and filter are.

Any help will be appreciated. Also if you figure out where the diode is and what the part is, please let us know.

Thanks,
Wayne
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply