Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toddnorris  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 4:50:29 PM(UTC)
toddnorris

Groups: Registered

My daughter slammed the door to the microwave, but not much harder than the kids usually do. Then it would not come on at all. I did some research on the forum and found the fuse and replaced it. The lights came on and all seemed well. I could open the door and the inside light came on. But when I put something in it and started to microwave it the fuse blows in just a few seconds. I checked what I could of the board the fuse is on and the switches (seems to be three) where the door connects. I don't see anything odd, but I don't really know what I am looking for.

I am expecting a switch or two needs to be replaced. But I am not that great with a volt/ohm meter and am not sure how to even check them. I don't want to order all the switches if I only need one... or if that is not really the problem.

Is there a chance this is something else? Can you give easy directions on how to test the switches to determine which one(s) are shot? Are there other things I should look for?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.