Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mayfair  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:26:43 AM(UTC)
Mayfair

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite Microwave modle 565.61582010 It worked until I put food back in, shut door and set it to heat for a little longer. When I pushed the start button I heard a hum and then nothing - no light or clock. I removed microwave and plugged it into another circuit but was still totally dead. Is this a blown fuse caused by a door switch or something else? The door switch failed when it was under warranty and less than a year old. Also, two of the 4 screws in back look like torx heads but with a tip in the center of the torx hole thayt prevent insertion of the screwdriver. Obviously these are meant to prevent users from servicing units themselves. Any idea where to get such a screwdriver? Otherwise, I'll have to grab the screwheads and reove them some other way.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.