Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Al Marino  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 10:14:36 AM(UTC)
Al Marino

Groups: Registered

On my GE micro model#JVM2070SH001, the buttons of the keymodule GE part #WB27X10725 (Appliance Parts Pros part#AP3792896) have broken. I found a piece of black bakelite or plastic on the range below. And, neither the vent nor boost buttons are spring loaded. Therefore, the exhaust cannot be turned on in the vent or boost mode. They are loose in the housing. The third button (far right) controlling the light, which lights up the range surface below, is still functioning properly. My problem lies in the fact that I do not know how to remove the stainless steel cover overlaying the control and display screen. Could you verify that I need a new key module (part#17 on the parts diagram that I downloaded from GE, In addition, can you guide me as to how to remove the panel, etc. to get at the failed part. I removed the screw beneath to no avail.

Thank you for your time and help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.