Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
87kustom  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:21:14 PM(UTC)
87kustom

Groups: Registered

Hi there, this microwave is 2 years old. The past couple days it's been a bit finicky – meaning that it works when it wants to. I suspect that the door switch(s) are not working right. I just used it with the quick 1 minute button, then I opened the door to check the food - pow I lost power to the whole microwave. No sparks, burning smells or anything. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm very mechanical, Can I fix it myself?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 7:59:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 87kustom Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, this microwave is 2 years old. The past couple days it's been a bit finicky – meaning that it works when it wants to. I suspect that the door switch(s) are not working right. I just used it with the quick 1 minute button, then I opened the door to check the food - pow I lost power to the whole microwave. No sparks, burning smells or anything. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm very mechanical, Can I fix it myself?

87Kustom,

You're on the right track. Based on your post description, I would think the issue is in the door switch mounting assembly or one of the monitor switches. The microwave is "dead" because the in line fuse blew

Part number: AP4308182
Part number: AP4308182

when the door switch "hung up".

Heres some basic access information:

REMOVING THE PRIMARY, SECONDARY, AND

MONITOR INTERLOCK SWITCHES
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.

2. Remove the control panel from the oven
** 1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. Remove the microwave oven from its mounting location.
3. Remove front air vent by pulling forward at top of air vent and remove the air vent from the oven.

4. Remove the top screw from the control panel. Open the oven door, lift the panel, unhook the side latching tabs from the slots, and tilt the panel forward. **

To remove the primary, secondary or

monitor interlock switch:
a) Open the microwave oven door.

b) Remove three screws from the front of the chassis to remove interlock switch assembly.
c) Rotate the switch holder locking cams in a clockwise direction. This will unlock the switch assembly from the chassis.
d) Remove the primary, secondary and monitor interlock switch assembly

from the oven. **
REASSEMBLY NOTE: Be sure to rotate the switch cam back to its original position after you reinstall the switch assembly on the oven chassis. **
You can now check all the switches and wiring, and the mounting bracket assembly and cams for distortion, loose or excessive flex in the assembly.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply