Discuss

Danby the beeping microwave

in

Microwave Repair

. "

I have one of those black Danby DMW### something microwaves, and it will work for a short while before it

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » Danby the beeping microwave

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM

draven66 is on a distinguished road
Default Danby the beeping microwave
Brand: -brand-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have one of those black Danby DMW### something microwaves, and it will work for a short while before it starts beeping then the controls stop working. It does this almost immediatly when it is hot or around alot of humidity but behaves better in the winter. I read somewhere I should replace the HV cap or the draining diode. I tested the diode with an ohmeter and it doesn't give me a reading.

I'd really like to fix this on my own despite whatever cost so I can learn from the experience. The knowledge is more important to me then buying a new one and filling up the landfill.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM

draven66 is on a distinguished road
Default no replies?!

ok well I replaced the drain diode on the hv cap and the problem is still apparent after a few minutes of use so my educated guess is that it's the control board for the touchpad thats sending bogus signals till it locks up since the microwave heats up a dish fine until that happens.

Can someone confirm my suspicion? I don't see anything suspicious on the control board after a glance. No bulging caps.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.