Discuss

Over the range microwave venting

in

Microwave Repair

. "

I had a house built and it came with a Maytag over the range microwave. The microwave works fine but

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » Over the range microwave venting

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 09:13 PM

johnjeanriv is on a distinguished road
Default Over the range microwave venting
Brand: Maytag   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I had a house built and it came with a Maytag over the range microwave. The microwave works fine but the ventings seems to be lacking. The fan is blowing air out the house through the duct work but there doesn't seem to be any suction of air from the bottom of the microwave. When I have the vent on high it seems to barely draw anything out. I placed a piece of paper under the range near the grease filter and hardly pulls it up. Steam also builds up inside the microwave and doesn't seem to be drawn out. Is this an installation problem. I also see that the microswave says to repace the charcoal filter but it has been doing this from the first weeks I started using it. Need help!!!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 PM

Robak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjeanriv View Post
I had a house built and it came with a Maytag over the range microwave. The microwave works fine but the ventings seems to be lacking. The fan is blowing air out the house through the duct work but there doesn't seem to be any suction of air from the bottom of the microwave. When I have the vent on high it seems to barely draw anything out. I placed a piece of paper under the range near the grease filter and hardly pulls it up. Steam also builds up inside the microwave and doesn't seem to be drawn out. Is this an installation problem. I also see that the microswave says to repace the charcoal filter but it has been doing this from the first weeks I started using it. Need help!!!
Any luck with this yet? I seem to have this problem with my GE low profile version. My motor vent is $120, but it sounds like it's working. I may pull it down and make sure the duct work is not blocked.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.