|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
GE Covection/Micro/RangeHood Won't Convect
Model Number: JVM1790SK Brand: GE Age: 1 - 5 years
I have an almost 3 year old GE Profile OTR Micro/Convection oven that gets a great deal of convection use.
Last week in the middle of baking I took a pie out to check, put it back in for more time and when I returned 15 minutes later I discovered it was cooler. The oven wasn't heating.
I let the oven cool completely down and tried to heat it up again, no dice. I did some tests and discovered everything else (micro/exhaust fan/clock) was working fine. It's just that the oven doesn't heat.
I had a local repair person check it and he said the following things:
1. The control board needs replacing. (Part WB27X10866)
2. This happens because it's over the stove and the heat from the stove can damage the control board.
3. This could happen again.
4. It will cost me almost $300 for parts and labor.
So my questions:
1. If the micro and everything else works... IS it the control board?
2. It's an OTR appliance! Why would being OTR be a problem!?
3. So I spend $300 and may have to do it again every 3 years?
4. Is this in the reasonable range?
Ads By Google
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Micro/rangehood losing its mind||stevejohn||Microwave Repair||0||07-18-2010 09:21 AM|
|Kenmore Elite convect/micro door handle||Paul C||Microwave Repair||0||05-18-2010 06:02 PM|
|GE Profile Micro/Convect combo - Convection not heating||JohnN||Microwave Repair||2||10-13-2009 08:27 AM|
|Covection Oven element||Tobias||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||1||06-10-2009 10:13 PM|
|Covection Fan not working||prabhutyam||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||1||08-16-2008 08:24 AM|