Discuss

Microwave oven - no LCD, even clock, light bulb inside door worked

in

Microwave Repair

. "

Hi Gene, I took down the microwave oven from the wall, the back is covered with metal piece, I looked

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » Microwave oven - no LCD, even clock, light bulb inside door worked

By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 09:15 AM

thuythu is on a distinguished road
Default Microwave oven - no LCD, even clock, light bulb inside door worked

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi Gene, I took down the microwave oven from the wall, the back is covered with metal piece, I looked around the magnetron, but no where around the magnetron that I can see the small tablet being attached that you are talking about. How can I take out the magnetron? Can I just pull it down? Is the small tablet inside the "square with lot of holes" in the middle of the magnetron? I saw some round thing inside the middle session, but the diameter is bigger than the tablet in the picture that you sent me and I do not know how to access to it, it seems to be built in. Where this small tablet will be? outside the magnetron or inside? Please direct me where and how can I take out this small tablet out to test? Thanks again. Thu.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

It should be screwed to the magnetron exactly the way it's shown on the diagram.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 PM

Default http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/30268-microwave-oven-no-lcd-even

Hi Gene, I took down the oven, then took out the magnetron, examined all over the magnetron, took out the top, still, nothing like the tablet being attached as you said! Looked around all over the microwave oven, found 3 same "tablets" that looked exactly like in the pictures. Tested all 3 of them, one is bad, these are no where attached to this magnetron. Well, the one which is bad actually I did not have to take down the microwave and open so many screws and covers (just to get to the magnetron). I ordered one TCO fuse today, hope that will fix the problem. Anyway, I spent much time to get to the magnetron, but well, it is OK if my microwave oven will work again. I am not that happy yet, but anyway, thanks Gene. Thu.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM

Cool http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/30268-microwave-oven-no-lcd-even

Hi Gene, one question though, since surrounding the magnetron, there is no TCO as you said, I took out the top of the magnetron to look inside to try to find it, but absolutely none, the magnetic field is very strong, it sucked the cover strongly, I put the top back, is there any way this action might ruin the magnetron when I took out the top? That is the only thing I removed from the magnetron and I put it back as it was before. Will it affect me in any way, I asked since someone told me that they do not want to touch the inside, since it contains a very high voltage. Thanks Gene. Thu.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Thu,

Looks like you went much dipper than I expected. I'm afraid it is time for a new microwave.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Default http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/30268-microwave-oven-no-lcd-even

Hi Gene, Why do you say that? I followed exactly what you told me, you said the TCO is attached to the magnetron that is why I tried to get to the magnetron to find that TCO, but it is not there. Now, I found the failed TCO which is right in behind the control board. Anyway, I received the TCO fuse today and replaced it, however, the control board is still not lighted up, but the fan is turned on without any effective button available to turn it off, since the turn off button is on the control panel and the control panel does not work. So far, only the light when the door is opened turned on and the fan turned on when the microwave oven is plugged into the wall. I thought you sound so certain that if the TCO failed, then replace the TCO, then it will work and if TCO worked, then the magnetron is bad. Anyway, sounds like I am in the road block now unless someone know what else it might be. Can it be the control panel itself? Is there something else I can test? or I just have to simply give up and return the TCO to the seller? Any advise? Thank you. Thu.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Thu,

I said that because you did not have to take apart the magnetron. Now I do not know what is condition of the magnetron and it can be dangerous to use it. The TCO you replaced is for the exhaust fan. It is very different and it should be normally open. The TCO you bought is normally closed and thats why the fan had turned on by itself.

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.