Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TAGW  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:47:05 PM(UTC)
TAGW

Groups: Registered

This microwave is over the oven.

After changing the two lightbulbs on the underside of the microwave I later noticed that the microwave did not have power. I checked the circuit breaker panel and it was set correctly. I then opened the microwave and checked the fuse--the fuse was grey and looked to be painted grey, but when I applied an ohm meter to the fuse it registered as good. I am wondering if perhaps the fuse is indeed bad and I shouldn't try and change it first. However, if it isn't bad then what do I need to check next? Where can I get a schematic for my microwave?

Several of the wires are white and have no color code in accordance with the National Electric Code too.
thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:04:54 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

What about the outlet? Is there 120VAC there?
TAGW  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:16:16 PM(UTC)
TAGW

Groups: Registered

Yes, outlet is fully functional.
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:05:59 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

The fuse is good if you got continuity (zero ohms). The schematic, if present, is usualy folded and inside the cabinet cover (or permanently attached to the cover or back of the oven). The power problem needs to be isolated to either the control side (circuit board) or the power side (working components.

To do this you have to do some "live circuit" testing. [COLOR="Red"]This is very dangerous because of the high voltage [/COLOR]created by the power transformer and capacitor. Extreme caution and concentration is necessary to avoid serious injury or electrocution. Let us know if you are willing to procede and able to do this testing.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply