Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FixItManTim  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:06:24 PM(UTC)
FixItManTim

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool GH6177XPS-0 G2 Microven and it stopped heating. At first it just took longer to heat up. Ran it two minutes and it did not heat up water or even warm it.

I ran it and listened to it and it made a faint clicking and buzz sound on and off every 3 seconds or so, like the magnetron was getting power. I am an electrician and I took the magnetron out. Magnets are not cracked no visible signs of failure. The contacts are not shorted to the metal frame and I have continuity between the contacts on the Magnetron. Could this be the problem or the Inverter board? Everything else works fine and no error codes.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

y-not  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 12:03:02 PM(UTC)
y-not

I was wondering if you ever determined the problem. I have the same microwave with the exact same symptoms. At this point it will no longer heat at all. I am frustrated as I am sure you were and still looking for the problem.

Thanks
y-not  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 12:37:47 PM(UTC)
y-not

[FONT=&quot]If your microwave looks and sounds normal but isn’t producing any heat, you should check the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry and the circuit board for problems. You will need a certified technician to help you make these repairs.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If your microwave buzzes loudly and produces no heat you probably have a defective power diode (part # ) , magnetron (part # 8184139) or high voltage capacitor (part # 8184093 ). These are all things that can be replaced or repaired by a qualified technician.[/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply