Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
czollars  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:03:12 PM(UTC)
czollars

Groups: Registered

My microwave was working great until one day we tried to pop popcorn and it wouldnt heat. Everything else works it just wont heat up. Any suggestions? Is it hard to fis? What do you think it could be? I love my microwave and hope I can just replace a part.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 5:45:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does it make any unusual noise?

What about the inner light, the turn table and other functions besides the heating?

Gene.
crick  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2009 6:26:49 PM(UTC)
crick

I have a GE profile above range microwave that stopped heating tonight, everything else works? it sounds like its the magnetron (sp?) but not sure about how to replace or if its worth it? It sounds like I would need to take it down, interested if its easier to buy a new one? Microwave is about 4 years old
Gene  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:13:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Why do you think that the magnetron is the culprit?

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Gene.
crick  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:49:20 PM(UTC)
crick

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Why do you think that the magnetron is the culprit?

What is the complete model number of the microwave?

Gene.

the model # is JVM1871SH02

after reading about other problems people had, it seemed to be the magnetron that was causing the microwave not to heat, but I really have no idea what it could be. As I said everything else appears to be working fine, just not heating.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide-
Gene  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:23:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Open the control panel. Remove the wires from the high voltage transformer primary windings. Check for 120 VAC between these wires while the control calls for heat and the door is closed.

If there is no 120 VAC then the problem is a bad control board.

If there is 120 VAC then the magnetron is bad and has to be replaced. The microwave has to be removed from the cabinet to access the part, but it has to be done if you'll buy a new microwave anyway. If the microwave is less than 5 years old then the magnetron can be still under the manufacturer warranty (part only).

- The part number for the control board is AP3203000

- The part number for the magnetron is AP2025937

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JVM1871SH02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
BonnieB  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:55:43 PM(UTC)
BonnieB

My name is Bonnie. I am having trouble with my GE microwave. It is model # JVM1650CH01. It will not heat the food. And it shows the message on the window "sensor error". Any help would be appreciated.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:19:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

If it says "sensor error" then the sensor (#62 on the diagram) has to be replaced. You have to remove the microwave from the cabinet and remove the outer case to access the part.

- The part number for the sensor is AP2026395

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JVM1650CH01 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Sterlinger  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:26:58 AM(UTC)
Sterlinger

I had the same exact thing happen...I put in some popcorn, it wouldn't pop. The screen said "sensor error". I tried heating water, a piece of chicken...nothing would heat. I unplugged it, plugged it back in...nothing. The manual says to close the door and hit the clear/cancel button. I could have sworn I had done that, but my wife simply hit the clear button and it started working again good as new. Hope yours does the same. : ))
skwrek  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:18:24 AM(UTC)
skwrek

I have a Spacesaver GE Microwave (Model No: JVM1540SN1SS) that stopped heating. Everything seems to work as normal, except the heating. If someone used it, they would not know it wasn't working until they realized that the food was not heating up.

I opened her up, and found a folded troubleshooting paper and tried to troubleshoot it. It said to put a ammeter clamp on the input to the fuse, so I did that. When I started a cycle the ammeter read just under 8 amps, so according to the troubleshooting paper, it said it was an intermittent problem and should contact the TAG team. (whatever that is)

Anyway, I've had this problem before with another microwave, and I had to replace the Magnatron, so I am betting it is a magnatron problem.
I noticed this quote from an earlier post:

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
If the microwave is less than 5 years old then the magnetron can be still under the manufacturer warranty (part only).

Gene.

How can I check if the Magnatron is under warranty? And how do I take advantage of this warranty?(I assume it would be under warranty from Samsung since the part no is OM75P(10)ESGN is a samsung part)
The microwave is a 1yr warranty, and I have owned the microwave for about 1 yr and 1 mo. (yeah really!):mad:

Also, just wondering....I said I had this problem before, and it seemed like both times, the microwave stopped working immediately after the inside of the microwave was cleaned. Is it possible that water splashed in to the Magnatron cavity, and shorted the magnatron out?

Thanks,
Scott
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply