Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Microwave Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/)
-   -   possible magnetron failure ? (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/24310-possible-magnetron-failure.html)

kap43 02-22-2009 03:34 PM

possible magnetron failure ?
 
Micro. quit heating , observed lite smoke comeing from connector on magnetron. Also put volt meter on connector comeing from transformer and read 3.2 volts a.c. is that rite. thanks

fellicianot1 02-22-2009 03:54 PM

Is This Something Commun

kap43 02-22-2009 06:57 PM

i don't know , thats the problem i'm haveing

richappy 02-23-2009 05:35 AM

Seems like your high voltage transformer is not getting any voltage. Usually they will hum if getting voltage. Also, meter readings may be very innacurate near this transformer if drawing current.
You should check for missing voltage from the pc board. Sometimes re soldering the connections to this relay will fix it.

kap43 02-23-2009 03:55 PM

hi thanks. i nuplugged the connector from trans. going to the magnetron and turned the micro. on and took voltage reading at the conn. comeing from trans.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17