Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AJ Valens  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:31:26 AM(UTC)
AJ Valens

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Microwave: GH6178XPS0
Door Handle part number: AP3182096
Color: Stainless

With my microwave being under warranty in the past, I have already had a service tech come and repair the door 3 times..They do not take apart the door and replace the handle,they replace the entire door and you are left with the new door and the broken door aswell..So I now have 2 broken doors inside my garage and one broken door on my microwave..

I have read more than a few similar complaints with this brand along with the same problem..I have seen a few different videos on the internet on how to take apart microwave doors and it looks fairly easy..So if it is possible to take this model door apart, I am done setting appts. with service techs and will do it myself..

Being that it is an over the range microwave and the door handle is made of plastic,along with the wear and tear of opening and closing and constant heat coming from the stovetop below..I can see why this problem will occur every few months..So,I am wanting to replace the door handle, not the entire door,with possibly a chrome handle so this problem no longer occurs, if it is even possible..Anyone know of any universal type or other brand that makes a chrome microwave door handle that will fit this microwave? The color doesnt have to be exact,just as long as its the right fit.The 2 inner srews that hold the handle look to be exactly 11'' apart..Just looking for some insight or feedback with any information that might help.

Thanks in advance, A.J.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.