Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnN  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:30:18 PM(UTC)
JohnN

Groups: Registered

Hi-

I've got GE Profile over the range microwave/convection oven combo, model #JVM1490CD003. About a week ago (and surprise, about 3 months after the expiration of my extended warranty), the convection portion stopped working properly.

I tried testing it a little while ago - set the temp to 400, and the oven started to preheat, indicating it was ready about 10 minutes in. It never got hotter than 225F by my oven thermometer's reading.

I'm assuming this is a failed thermistor, and could be easily repaired.

Is it likely a thermistor, or could there be another problem? Also, would I need to tear up the unit to get at it, or is it easily serviceable?

Thanks for any help!
John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

shadetree01  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:33:16 AM(UTC)
shadetree01

Bringing this thread back from the dead my convection portion is acting the same way. I can set the temp for 400 degrees and it will only get to 350. The computer says that the oven is ready like it's up to temp. Then just to try it I put it on bake for twenty minutes and the temp drops down to 225 over about 15 minutes or so. What do the pros think thermistor or maybe faulty heating element. My model # is JVM1490 BD 003. By the way great informative forums you guys have here thanks.
JohnN  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:27:11 AM(UTC)
JohnN

Bumping this thread from the dead - I still haven't fixed this problem, and would appreciate some advice if anyone's out there.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply