Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wbuck  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:52:23 AM(UTC)
wbuck

Groups: Registered

Control panel says the "Controls locked..open and close door to resume use", press OK. After pressing ok and opening door, the interior light doesn't come on and it won't work. Sometimes leaving the door open for awhile, the light will turn on and the oven will work. Does anyone know what the problem could be? :confused: I miss my Velos!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MadMax1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:11:05 AM(UTC)
MadMax1

wbuck, I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find out what part to replace? Thanks
ChiokeSam  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:14:54 AM(UTC)
ChiokeSam

I have exactly the same problem with my Whirlpool Gold Microwave. Whirlpool wants $300 to repair. Has to be a door sensor, as slight pressure upper right hand corner of door allows complete operation and continues program after you release pressure. Using a 10 yr old $69.00 microwave from Sharp in the interim. Love to know what part to fix
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:02:32 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ChiokeSam Go to Quoted Post
I have exactly the same problem with my Whirlpool Gold Microwave. Whirlpool wants $300 to repair. Has to be a door sensor, as slight pressure upper right hand corner of door allows complete operation and continues program after you release pressure. Using a 10 yr old $69.00 microwave from Sharp in the interim. Love to know what part to fix

ChiokeSam, You'll need to check a couple of connections and the door switch.

At the bottom door hinge, you should find a wire harness that plugs into a connector, you'll need to check the wires and connection for frayed wires and loose connections. You'll also need to remove the bottom panel and check the two harnesses that "plug" into the connectors there. If all's OK, you'll need to check the wires and door switch on the upper switch assembly behind the right side front trim panel.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply