Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
derajm  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 5:10:21 AM(UTC)
derajm

Groups: Registered

Our Kenmore microwave oven 721.80803401 is approximately 3 years old and has had the same problem from day one. The rotating/sliding table jumps up and completely disengages from the rotating arm. As some others have noted, the problem will come and go, sometimes occurring frequently and then will disappear for several weeks. I have completely removed/inspected the table assembly from the microwave but have not been able to identify any sticking/damaged parts. The only questionable thing I found was that the rotating arm would sometimes pop out of its center hole, completely disengaging from the internal rotating mechanism. This would definitely cause the table assembly to stop turning and drop out mechanical time with the motor. I have been carefully inspecting the arm to make sure it is inserted completely but the problem has still been occurring.
When the table assembly pops up, the cooking liquid will often spill all over the glass plate resulting in a big clean-up. Other times we will be out of the room and not notice that the rotating table has stopped and the food will not cook properly.
If anyone has solved this problem, please post the solution as I am just about frustrated to the point of replacing this microwave/range hood.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.