Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kelly123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:47:42 PM(UTC)
kelly123

Groups: Registered

Dear Friends,
I'm having a problem exactly as Dave posted in September where all looks and sounds fine in microwave mode except it doesn't heat. I have noticed on my oven a cover that closes over the light bulb during the microwave process is rotating closed then returning to the open position after a few "bounces" in the closed position. This doesn't seem right, but I don't know. Does this cover interlock the microwave process?

After removing the keypad, I found a switch that is actuated by the oven light cover. At first it didn't seem to be working as I checked the blue & yellow wires that appeared to be coming from the switch to the PC board. When I took the switch off it checked OK. I followed the wires and found that the switch is in series with a thermal switch that reads open. This is described as "Hood T.C.O." Does this sound like the problem?

Sorry to ramble on with the "play-by-play". Maybe some of this is helpful.

Thanks, Kelly
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.