Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brian anth  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:39:00 AM(UTC)
brian anth

Groups: Registered

microwave over stove will not power up.
i have250 volts to what looks like the ac/dc power converter but no dc voltage going down to circuit board. Anyone know how to test ? Micro is completely dead
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbotm  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:04:19 AM(UTC)
abbotm

Originally Posted by: brian anth Go to Quoted Post
i have250 volts to what looks like the ac/dc power converter but no dc voltage going down to circuit board. Anyone know how to test ? Micro is completely dead

I have the same problem with a GE JKP62G K3. First the control panel was dead. Replaced the 15 amp fusestat behind it. The control panel came back to life. I reset the clock - all good. When I started the microwave, the fuse popped again. Further investigation showed the high-voltage capacitor shorted. I replaced that, but now the control panel doesn't work. Seems like that last fuse-blowing incident caused something else to fail. The 220 volt circuit is OK - the lower conventional oven works fine. I *suspect* the high-voltage portion of the microwave is OK since I replaced the HV capacitor, but the low-voltage digital control panel is inoperative. I can't find 5 volts on it anywhere. Any ideas on what to check would be most welcome. Thanks.
mimification  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:05:20 PM(UTC)
mimification

my GE microwave, over the stove model #JVM1850BD 002 does not heat and smells like something burnt, the control panel works
abbotm  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:37:23 PM(UTC)
abbotm

Originally Posted by: mimification Go to Quoted Post
my GE microwave, over the stove model #JVM1850BD 002 does not heat and smells like something burnt, the control panel works

Here's some info from another post here that may help.

It may be a shorted high voltage capacitor or a shorted high voltage diode.

Here are some links you or someone you know can use (in order given) for test help, but read the safety warnings first:

How to Test The High Voltage Capacitor Used In Microwave Ovens
How to Test The High-Voltage Diode (Rectifier) Used In Microwave Ovens (if it is NOT shorted, it's probably fine)

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

There should be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting & testing.

If you still have trouble, feel free to let me know.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...opped.html#ixzz1Vbxg4tgd
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
jam1200  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 2:21:48 PM(UTC)
jam1200

i too have model jkp62g0k3bg no power i replaced the 15 amp fuse and still there is no power please help
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2023 7:25:27 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: abbotm Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: brian anth Go to Quoted Post

I have the same problem with a GE JKP62G K3. First the control panel was dead. Replaced the 15 amp fusestat behind it. The control panel came back to life. I reset the clock - all good. When I started the microwave, the fuse popped again. Further investigation showed the high-voltage capacitor shorted. I replaced that, but now the control panel doesn't work. Seems like that last fuse-blowing incident caused something else to fail. The 220 volt circuit is OK - the lower conventional oven works fine. I *suspect* the high-voltage portion of the microwave is OK since I replaced the HV capacitor, but the low-voltage digital control panel is inoperative. I can't find 5 volts on it anywhere. Any ideas on what to check would be most welcome. Thanks.

Originally Posted by: jam1200 Go to Quoted Post
i too have model jkp62g0k3bg no power i replaced the 15 amp fuse and still there is no power please help

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply