Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kondragu  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 2:41:12 PM(UTC)
kondragu

Groups: Registered

All the selections on the microwave works, but start won't work. It seems to be stuck at thinking the door is open or some thing, the light inside always keeps on, and I am able to do all sorts of selections, like bake options, or microwave options, time, temp, settings, every thing works except the start button.

I have been working with the Whirlpool suggested repair shop, they just won't respond to my calls any more. They came in twice to try to fix it. Apparently they ordered wrong part or some thing. All the parts to be in back order all the time, so making me wait for months each time.

Anyway, if you could please help me what is the part that needs to be replaced, I will probably try to fix it myself. I can make it any worse than not having a microwave for more than 6 months now :-)

I heard once that the part I might need is CNTRL-ELEC, but I see there is 3 different models available. Which one is the correct one for the over the hood microwave? Thanks! [URL="http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=4323154"][/URL]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.