Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adita01  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:55:55 AM(UTC)
adita01

Groups: Registered

I have an ESTATE (Whirlpool) Microwave hood combination model # TMH16XS. I own this unit since two years ago. Couple of days ago, the cooktop light stops working. Following your suggestions, I unplugged the unit and fund the bulb but when I tried to unscrew it, the part made of of glass came out but the metal part get stocked into the socket. I release the two electrical connectors and some screws and parts until I was able to unplug the socket. I visited an appliance parts store near by, and find the bulb (#8206232) and the lamp housing (#8206374) which I installed but the unit did not response at all. The guy from the store guides me to find a 20 amp ceramic fuse located inside the control panel. I bough and installed a new fuse and everything in my unit is working perfectly except the cooktop light. Just in case of the new socket or bulb was not ok, I went to the store again to buy 2 more pieces, I installed the new socket and the new bulb but and still no light: the cooktop light doesn’t work. Please send me help.
Thank you!
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:11:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Check for 120 VAC to the lamps (at the quick disconnect plug) while the control calls for the cook top light on high.

If the voltage reading is incorrect and the wire harness is fine, replace the control board.

Otherwise the problem is somewhere in the wires and/or sockets.

If you need the correct part number for the control board, post the end of the model number.

Gene.
adita01  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:39:57 PM(UTC)
adita01

Thanks a lot, Gene. I'm gonna try with my tester. I think you're right, the problem is somewere in the wires because my control pannel works fine for every other function. I will try to replace specifically the two wires related to this lamp.
Thanks again!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:00:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

The reason why I did mention the control board is there is a relay in the board which operates with this light only. So if this relay goes bad then the lights would not work but the rest of the microwave will work fine.

Gene.
adita01  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 1:24:23 PM(UTC)
adita01

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The reason why I did mention the control board is there is a relay in the board which operates with this light only. So if this relay goes bad then the lights would not work but the rest of the microwave will work fine.

Gene.

You mean that even thoug this relay doesn't work; every fuction, every command, every message, clock, timer, emperatures, even the other light into my microwave, etc, etc, will work fine? I'm asking you because, that's exactly what is happening with my unit: every thing works perfectly as brand new, except this cooktop lamp. If that's the case, I will love to know more information or details about the specific relay for this lamp that you just mentioned, for example, part number, some descriptions, etc. My friend, I can not afford a new control pannel just because of this lamp or relay,.. Do you think that you can bring me some more tips?:confused:
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:04:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Unfortunately no one manufacturer provides such information. Sometime you can locate this relay on the control board if you have the wiring diagram (usually inside the control panel). Also the problem can be a bad microchip in the control board which sends a command to this relay.

You can inspect the control board for a cold soldering but this is not a common issue in such situation.

Sorry, I do not have more specific information.

Gene.
P.S I understand this not a good consolation and this is a lot of money too but the prices for the control boards for this type of microwaves is bellow $100 which is much bellow average price for such parts.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply