Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leftcoast  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 8:19:47 AM(UTC)
leftcoast

Groups: Registered

I've been having mutliple issues with my built in microwave. Particularly after heavy use, ie. microwaving bacon, I've been having issues with symptoms consistent with a bad door switch. The turntable rotates, the fan runs, the light comes on when the door is opened. The problem has been intermittent and I've been meaning to replace both the door monitor switch as well as the door sense switch, but with the holidays haven't found the time to order parts.

Now, all of a sudden the microwave has gone dead altogether. The panel lights up and the timer works (counts down) but no fan, turntable, or power. While this has solved my open door problem described above :p, it obviously has issues. Could the second problem also be related to the door switches?

Lastly, the final question surrounds the model number. It is a built in (JE164OWA 002) which is not listed anywhere on the model number of the part search tool on this website. A quick call to GE tech rep suggested that i use model number JE164OWB. is this correct? I'd assume that the door switches may be standardized between the different model number in this series.

Trying to assess my options here, I'd like to take a crack at repairing it as i don't need the added expense of replacing a built in. But if, the multiple problems are unrelated, it may be the time to bit the bullet and move on.

Thanks in advance,

David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.