|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
GE Profile Microwave "auto-cycles"
Model Number: PVM2070SM1SS Brand: GE Age: 1 - 5 years
I have a GE Profile PVM2070SM1SS microwave.
In the last few weeks it has started behaving "strangely" when heating/cooking.
Sometimes, it will work fine for days at a time.
Then for a little while (days, etc..) it won't work properly as follows:
1) This happens when using either the timed cook or sensor cook.
2) The microwave will start up properly (turn table will start, count down will begin, fan flap will open, fan will start up)
3) After about 3 - 5 seconds (typically) it will "shut down". Cooking will stop. Fan flap will retract. Fans and turn tables will shut off.
4) Once it has completed this "reset", it will start up again from where it left off (ie: if countdown had reached 54 seconds left, it will resume from 54 seconds)
5) After doing this a few times, it will just stop. Cooking will stop however the vent flap will NOT retract.
6) If the Clock panel is on, a single digit number will appear. This number is not the same every time.
7) Microwave must be unplugged to "reset" it.
What is in the chamber gets warm while it's running (ie: heating water) so there it seems all the "normal" cooking function is working.
The GE customer support suggested the control board need replacing. However there seems to be 2 control boards, and both are fairly expensive...
I'm also open to the idea of looking at something else
Ads By Google
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|oven "moaning" sound then faint "poof" sound; later, large "poof" popped door open||samej71||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||2||03-24-2010 07:05 AM|
|Timer moves during "timed dry" but not during auto sense||zachunderwood||Dryer Repair||0||01-27-2010 12:02 PM|
|How hard and what part for fixing "auto dry"cycle||pickeychickey||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||09-21-2009 08:46 AM|
|Kenmore Dryer "Auto" Cycle trouble||davidkochct||Dryer Repair||1||07-09-2009 07:23 PM|
|no spin during "ultra clean" firstname.lastname@example.org||Washer Repair||2||12-29-2008 02:40 PM|