Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Piratehurler  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 12:51:12 PM(UTC)
Piratehurler

Groups: Registered

:( The power on the microwave went completely dead today. The wife opened the door to put something in and when she shut the door all power went out. I have checked and I have power at the outlet. Before I went any further I thought I would seek advice. Are their any know problems like this for this model number. I would assume there is a fuse that I can check. Thanks in advance for the help. Daniel
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 1:36:35 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

The fuse is inside the cabinet cover. You'll need to remove it (about 10 screws) and the fuse will be in line with one of the power cord wires.

Instruct your entire family (especially the kids) never to open the door without first stopping the cooking. Also, dont ever run a microwave without something to cook, even if it's just water.

The monitor switch (one of a group or "safety interlock" switches) senses that the other two switches weren't opened at the same instant, and purposely directed the operating electricity to chassis ground, and blew the fuse (if you're lucky). This keeps the harmful microwaves from accidentally escaping the oven chamber.

This will happen more frequently as the appliance ages. You can open the door while the oven is in operation a thousand times--and then, when it's just worn enough...poof...dead oven.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply