Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sneakinup  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:17:32 AM(UTC)
sneakinup

Groups: Registered

My microwave runs for about 6 seconds, then stops... asks for time, date, etc. After entering all that in, it appears to be fine. If I try to run it, it goes again for about 5-6 seconds, stops, the display is scrambled and it asks again for time, date, etc.

From researching online, I have come to the conclusion that the main board might need replacing. I am hoping to confirm this with some expert help. :)

Also... does the unit need to come off the wall to get to the replacement of that board... if needed?

I'm pretty handy, so I am up for a challenge if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any info.

:eek:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:32:58 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

what is happening is your magnetron tube is leaking RF and causing your board to short. The magnetron tube will need to be replaced and not your mother board. You can verify this by removing 2 screws that hold the vent grill. remove the vent grill, and remove the 1 screw at the top of the control panel. Lift up on the control panel and the twards you. Now run the microwave and it should function normal.
sneakinup  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:39:08 AM(UTC)
sneakinup

You were absolutely correct! Thanks! I will order a new Magnetron.

I looked at the part on the schematic, and it is hard to tell exactly where it is. Something similar is seated behind the top of the fan blade. I'm guessing the unit will need to be removed to access it, as I didn't see anything directly behind the control panel that resembled the Magnetron.

Thanks again... :)
sneakinup  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:50:11 AM(UTC)
sneakinup

Thanks again for the info. I dropped the unit, took it apart, replaced the magnetron tube and it works fine now. The whole process took about 45 minutes.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply