Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cat4Help  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 3:11:46 PM(UTC)
Cat4Help

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

Built-in microwave was installed in December 2006, and the interior light bulb burned out in January 2008.

Manual held instructions for accessing light bulb, but no specifications for a replacement bulb!

What I need are wattage and voltage specifications.

This type of bulb is rather difficult to find, save for one of those lightbulb warehouse Internet Sites. But there are so many different wattage and voltage light bulbs available, I don't know which one would work in my microwave. All the light bulb pictures look like my bulb, so I don't know which one to choose.

I have contacted Sears for part information, and they were not helpful, nor did they have any interior light bulbs available either on their parts Site or in any of their stores.

The old bulb has no discernable information on it, and the Kenmore manual has no specifications either.

Can someone please help me find the necessary interior light bulb specifications for my microwave, or at least point me in the right direction?

I cannot see inside my microwave during cooking to determine if something is boiling over! This issue is driving me bonkers!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 6:18:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like the light bulb for your microwave should be 130V/35W.

Gene.
Cat4Help  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 8:37:48 PM(UTC)
Cat4Help

Thank you, Gene!

Now I can actually purchase a new lightbulb for my microwave! ;D
Jeannine_Nowak  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:45:30 PM(UTC)
Jeannine_Nowak

Hi there,

I have a built-in microwave that was installed in April 2005, and the interior light bulb burned out in December 2008.

The microwave is a Kenmore Elite Microwave Model No. 36363673201

What I need are wattage and voltage specifications.

This type of bulb is rather difficult to find, save for one of those lightbulb warehouse Internet Sites. But there are so many different wattage and voltage light bulbs available, I don't know which one would work in my microwave. All the light bulb pictures look like my bulb, so I don't know which one to choose.

Sears did not have bulbs on their parts Site or in any of their stores.

The old bulb has no discernable information on it, and the Kenmore manual has no specifications either.

Can someone please help me find the necessary interior light bulb specifications for my microwave, or at least point me in the right direction?

I cannot see inside my microwave during cooking to determine if something is boiling over! This issue is driving me bonkers!
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:51:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jeannine_Nowak,

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it.

Gene.
Michael_Fitzpatrick  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 1:40:14 PM(UTC)
Michael_Fitzpatrick

Hi, Gene, I'm having the same light bulb replacement issue raised by Jeannine in her 12/25/08 post. She missed a decimal point in her post: it is a Kenmore Elite 363.63692301. Not only can I not locate the specs of the bulb, I can't even figure out where it is in the unit, nor how to access it. Any help would be greatlky appreciated. I'm totally surprised that I cant figure it out myself, nor get any info on the internet.

Thanks in avance! Mike
eric_shoemaker  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:12:20 PM(UTC)
eric_shoemaker

I too have the 363.63673201 kenmore microwave and have a burned out interior bulb. I've found the bulb inside and taken it out, but there doesn't appear to be enough information to actually figure out the type of bulb to replace it with.

the process of getting to the bulb is not easy and requires a lot of hard to reach screws and

The bulb is a "capsule" type bulb and just has "HG 30W" on it (and the ink smears with the touch, so that 30W may actually be a 20W, but I am pretty sure it's 30W).

has anyone else figured out what type of bulb to get for this microwave? I apprecite the help -- I can't find any info online...
Gene  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:09:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: eric_shoemaker Go to Quoted Post
I too have the 363.63673201 kenmore microwave and have a burned out interior bulb. I've found the bulb inside and taken it out, but there doesn't appear to be enough information to actually figure out the type of bulb to replace it with.

the process of getting to the bulb is not easy and requires a lot of hard to reach screws and

The bulb is a "capsule" type bulb and just has "HG 30W" on it (and the ink smears with the touch, so that 30W may actually be a 20W, but I am pretty sure it's 30W).

has anyone else figured out what type of bulb to get for this microwave? I apprecite the help -- I can't find any info online...

The model number you posted does not come up. Verify and repost it. If this is not an American model then you have to call Sears.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply