Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kjnuke  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 9:59:42 AM(UTC)
kjnuke

Groups: Registered

Surface lights quit working on my GE microwave.
After reviewing previous threads, this seems to be a common issue with the control board being the likely culprit. My question is this: is there schematics available for the control board for this model of microwave? It seems a waste to replace the whole control board when it is likely an inexpensive individual component on the board itself. With the schematics I'm sure I could isolate the faulty component versus replacing the whole board.
I have done the obvious troubleshooting of replacing the bulbs and verifying no power at the bulb socket with the lights turned on.
Everything works on this microwave except the surface lights which I used all of the time.
I would like to have the surface lights again, but not at the cost of the whole control board for $128 dollars on a microwave that is pushing 10 years old when an individual component might cost me 5 bucks.
Any help or advice would be great.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.