Discuss

GE Profile JE2160SF Microwave Dead

in

Microwave Repair

. "

My guess on warranty is no. I never spoke directly with GE in regards to my microwave but Sears said

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » GE Profile JE2160SF Microwave Dead

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM

tsears is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My guess on warranty is no. I never spoke directly with GE in regards to my microwave but Sears said I was out of luck even though they'd been out 2 or 3 times to work on it and couldn't fix the problem.

I solved my problem by eliminating the switch/thermostat that shuts the microwave off in case of a fire inside the microwave. I don't recall a smell when this thermostat triggered so you might be looking at something else.

Can provide non-technical method to test this switch/thermostat if you think it might be your problem. Suggest checking the main fuse first as you should be able to tell by sight if it is bad.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-09-2009, 06:38 PM

hamboneUT is on a distinguished road

I have a GE profile that just quit - exactly one year old. I don't have the special tool, so I just use a vice grip on the screw head... I don't have equipment to test the fuse, so I just pulled it out and snapped a knife in there to test.

I plugged it in and it works. I will now go find a fuse and put it back together. I probably almost killed myself, but paying 60 bucks for someone to look at it is too much for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM

padepede is on a distinguished road
Default New fuse but now not working again

I put in a new fuse, the oven worked for a day. Now when you press quick 30 seconds, the timer counts down but nothing happens: no light, no tray spinning and most importantly the oven does not startup. Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM

hahuja is on a distinguished road
Default My GE JE2160SF is not working

My GE profile JE2160SF has stopped heating/warming up anything. When I press 30 secs or any number, light is on, tray is rotating, unit is on, but for some reason nothing warms up. It happened all of the sudden. It is 2 years old. Any thoughts/help please??
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Seems like a bad relay on the control board that is not supplying 115 volts to the igh voltage transformer. Either that,or a bad high voltage diode that attaches to the high voltage capacitor.Make sure you discharge the capacitor with a jumper before checking. For safety, I allways use only one hand t check things and never two.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 AM

padepede is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New fuse but now not working again

I noticed that the relay(s) click when I press the start. I assume that this means the interlock switches are working, otherwise the timer would not start decrementing, correct? What could be wrong? I still haven't figured out why the fuse popped when the unit was not even in use or how it worked for a day after I replaced the fuse. I would like to repair this unit as I also have the trim kit.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 PM

donmisc09 is on a distinguished road
Default No heat but turn table rotates and it sounds operational

We have a GE profile microwave model# JE2160SF03 it does not heat the food/liquids placed in it. The turn table goes around and it sounds as if the source is operational and when the power setting is placed on 2 for example I can hear the unit cycle (operational -non-operational etc). Can something be reset this happened once before ~ 1 week ago but it corrected itself after I manipulated the key pad????
Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 PM

MattEvans is on a distinguished road

I have the same model and issue..
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM

wally_games is on a distinguished road
Default same model, different issue

I have the same model. The light comes on when the door is opened, but there are no lights on the clock and it doesn't respond to touching any of the buttons.

When it first started doing it, you could rap the front of the MW with your knuckle just to the right of the touchpad and the clock lights would ALL come on. Then I'd hit CLEAR and I could touch one of the quick cook buttons (1 min, 2 min, etc) and it would sometimes start. Now it won't even do that.

I'm thinking a short in the touch pad wiring, but really need suggetions on taking off the cover to see.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.