Discuss

TRANE XB80 no heat!

in

Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)

. "

Hello folks! Yesterday after coming home from work I noticed the house was a bit chilly. Noticed air was being

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) » TRANE XB80 no heat!

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 PM

tommyt37 is on a distinguished road
Default TRANE XB80 no heat!
Brand: -brand-   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello folks! Yesterday after coming home from work I noticed the house was a bit chilly. Noticed air was being blown but it was only cold air.

The following is what I know and what I have looked at.

1) Heat is commanded vent motor fires up. After about 6 seconds vent motor shuts off and main fan blower kicks on. No flame, no ignition...

2) Error LED flashes 6 times. Supposed to mean 115VAC reveresed polarity or bad ground.

3) I checked all powerI have 120VAC.. getting to the circuit board. I have 120VAC on Primary of transformer and 27VAC on secondary being fed to CB.

4) I have no voltage ever getting sent to Gas valve or ignitor. Have clean filter shorted out safety switched one at a time same results.

This one is bugging me I am not sure what the cause would be... I am thinking it may be the Circuit board but I don't know. About ready to give in and call HVAC tech but any other advice would be welcome.

Regards,
Tom Spokane, WA

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

icehouse is on a distinguished road

http://www.aireng.com/clientuploads/...urnace/tuy.pdf
Old 05-15-2010, 09:07 PM

tvtech is on a distinguished road

6 blink codes is from the control board indicating the problem..... Computer never lie. Check your ground and polarity.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.