This is my first post on APP.com and my first time attempting a repair on a air handler so bare with me please. I live in an apartment with a "chiller" or air handler. The air coming from my vents started smelling like an electrical burning smell. I believe it is the left blower motor. It still reads the right amps and still spins but shortly after turning on the unit, if I stick my head near the left blower I can smell burning electrical stuff strongly coming from the left blower motor. The right blower motor is different and newer so I suspect previous tenants had it replaced. The left one is still the original model found on the air handler sticker. I am having trouble finding a replacement motor, also do I need to replace the capacitor bolted to the side of the blower? The air handler is International Environmental (Model #: 14VE4-2E) about 26 years old I think. The burning motor is a (Model #: 5KCP39EGD430S) GE 1/5 HP 115 V 3.6 Amps 1075 RPM CAP 5.00/370 and the capacitor has 5pF written on it, I think. That is all the info I could get off the sticker.
So here is my question, where can I find a replacement motor that will match this one and capacitor if I need to replace that also. More importantly, how difficult is it to remove and replace one of these? I was an Army radio/telephone repair guy so I have some knowledge of wires.
Does anyone know of a good guide or how-to out there? I can't seem to find any. I took some pictures of the air handler, blower motor, and wiring box and posted them on these links just in case this helps.
Thanks a whole heap load!