Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drradon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:26:57 PM(UTC)
drradon

Groups: Registered

I have propane fed tankless water heater with an electrical (battery powered) igniter. It died suddenly - checked batteries, voltage is fine there - and no change when new batteries are installed; gas supply is fine; lines are clean. There is no spark to start the pilot when the hot water line is on; and the red LED indicator light is not lit. (I believe LED is supposed to be lit when the unit is "on" and goes to flashing when the batteries are low. )

My best guess is that the igniter module - that apparently generates a HV AC for the ignition spark - is bad and needs to be replaced? Alternatives diagnoses??? Anything else I can check with a VOM to confirm diagnosis?
Many thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

artie in miami  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 5:08:11 PM(UTC)
artie in miami

I also have a bosch aquastar tankless heater that uses propane except mine has the pilotless feature where the water moving through the unit generates the spark to light the propane (hydrogenerator...water spins a magnet inside a coil and makes the electricity). I had the same problem and found that the line that goes outside from the powervent module was clogged by some type of insect that made a nest in it. The safety feature shut the unit down...that took me several hours to figure out. If you have the powervent (takes the exhaust gases out of the house) and it has the stainless steel tubing going through the wall to vent outside...check that thin tube outside and see if it is clogged.

Right now mine won''t make a spark either...I am getting no voltage from the hydrogenerator and a replacement generator is around $125 and is nonreturnable. I wish I could find a place to buy parts for the hydrogenerator...all I need is the flow wheel/magnet...probably a two dollar piece. My magnet has a crack in it and I think it is the problem.

I wonder if it is possible to change the aquastar 125HX over to a battery powered spark or even one that uses 110 volts home power ?? Anybody know about that.

artie in miami
ibomark  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:31:47 PM(UTC)
ibomark

permalink,
I have a bosch 125x plus extra parts for sale if you or anyone else you've talked with regarding your tankless water heater is interested. For a good price.
Please reply,
Thanks, Mark........
ibomark  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:37:39 PM(UTC)
ibomark

drradon,
I have a 125X plus many parts for sale at a good price if you know anyone iterested?
Thanks, ibomark@hotmail.com
ibomark  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:44:19 PM(UTC)
ibomark

Artie,
I have a 125X aquastar which is battery ignition for sale with many parts for a good price?
Mark......
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply