Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wantmoneysaver2013  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 6:22:57 AM(UTC)
wantmoneysaver2013

Groups: Registered

AO Smith Gas Water heater - Model: FSG 75 250, 74 Gallon. I think it's about 10 yrs old.

I found the attached analog needle gauge that is not looking good on the Cold Water intake pipe going into the water heater. Does anyone know for sure what this is? My guess is water pressure gauge? It has not yet started leaking outside the gauge nor to the floor in the basement.

My take to replace this is 1) show the pic at Lowes or Home Depot and get identical part if available. 2) Shut off the main water valve. 3) Drain the water heater tank by about 1/2 using best guess. 3) open about 3 cold water faucet in the house 3) Unscrew it out 3) Screw it back on with some teflon tape wrapped on it the barrel where is goes into the cold water intake pipe?

Do I have it right? Can you advise please? Thank you.
wantmoneysaver2013 attached the following image(s):
IMAG2522.jpg
IMAG2523.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.