Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1stGrumpy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 5:33:00 PM(UTC)
1stGrumpy

Groups: Registered

I installed a used GE Zoneline 2000 unit in my 24'X24' shop. The a/c compressor would not come on , the heating element would heat, the exterior fan would not run and the interior fan would barely turn.I replaced the run capacitor with the correct 25 UF 370 vac capacitor (97F9006), the capacitor that I removed was a 240 vac 3 post type with 4 of the 5 wires on 1 post and 1 wire on 1 of the remaining 2 posts. I wired the large white & small white wires to one post and the large black & 2 grey wires to the other. Now, the a/c compressor is cooling, the heater is working, the exterior fan is running but the interior fan still is barely turning. If I turn the control to "fan only" nothing works and the hi/low fan switch doesn't seem to make any difference. Help, don't know what to do next....
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

1stGrumpy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:25:00 AM(UTC)
1stGrumpy

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: 1stGrumpy Go to Quoted Post
I installed a used GE Zoneline 2000 unit in my 24'X24' shop. The a/c compressor would not come on , the heating element would heat, the exterior fan would not run and the interior fan would barely turn.I replaced the run capacitor with the correct 25 UF 370 vac capacitor (97F9006), the capacitor that I removed was a 240 vac 3 post type with 4 of the 5 wires on 1 post and 1 wire on 1 of the remaining 2 posts. I wired the large white & small white wires to one post and the large black & 2 grey wires to the other. Now, the a/c compressor is cooling, the heater is working, the exterior fan is running but the interior fan still is barely turning. If I turn the control to "fan only" nothing works and the hi/low fan switch doesn't seem to make any difference. Help, don't know what to do next....

Are there no a/c people on the board?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply