Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Deals best  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:45:07 AM(UTC)
Deals best

Groups: Registered

I have an older model tempstar 5000 smaller size unit that will not blow cold air. It blows warm air at a setting of 60 degrees. Also the thermostat needle where it shows you what your setting is is broken. I thought maybe a compactor but not sure. I checked the coils and they're pretty clean. Any help with this would be appreciated.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jenniferatkins  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:02:13 AM(UTC)
jenniferatkins

Check the circuit breakers inside the electrical panel next to your heat pump if your indoor heating or air-conditioning unit is not turning on. Turn the circuit breakers on if they are off. If they are already on, turn them off and then turn them back on to reset them. Ensure your unit is plugged into the power outlet.

Check the circuit breakers inside the electrical panel next to your heat pump if your indoor heating or air-conditioning unit is not turning on. Turn the circuit breakers on if they are off. If they are already on, turn them off and then turn them back on to reset them. Ensure your unit is plugged into the power outlet.

Remove the cover panel on your outdoor heating pump and remove the air filter. Inspect the air filter for dirt, debris and wear and tear. If your filter is dirty, soak it in mild detergent and rinse in cold water. Reinstall your filter with the arrows on the side pointing in the direction of the air flow. If your filter is damaged, purchase a replacement from an appliance or hardware store and replace the damaged one. Inspect your air filter monthly.

Inspect the coils on your outdoor unit if your unit is making noise or not performing well. Clear grass clippings, dirt, leaves and dust from the area around your unit to increase airflow. Using a soft brush, clean debris away from the outdoor coils. Be very careful not to damage or bend the fins.

Check your indoor air grilles. Remove objects such as furniture, toys and drapes from the air-grille pathways to allow sufficient airflow.
Deals best  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:51:26 PM(UTC)
Deals best

Appreciate all the help. Found model number it is ca5018vkb1 tempstar 5000. I inspected outdoor ac unit and only found that my dual capacitor had a bulgde on it. I replaced it hoping that maybe the humming noise was coming from compressor and that it would s
Stop and run compressor again and start cooling after replacement. I turned my ac on set it to 65 degrees for about 45 min but still no.cool air. Also replaced fuse cartriges that were located on top of furnace. No fuses just a switch breaker for outside unit. Thout maybe a pressure switch or sometype of reset switch somewhere but do not know where they could be located to reset. And from visual inspection could not find any what would look like reset switches or buttons.where is the heat pump filter located.or is that the furnace filter? Fan runs and everything sounds right after cap replacemet.no more humming but still no cool air. Also air flow is normal. Did not see if heater was working due to the fact that it is too hot for that now.don't know what else to check for.any help is appreciated. Thankyou.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply