Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hev-v  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 4:18:10 AM(UTC)
hev-v

Groups: Registered

heat will not work with door in place you have to have door off or cracked for unit to stay running if door is on it keeps going into lock out mode
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kurt h  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:35:06 PM(UTC)
kurt h

could be plugged filter somewhere in return duct. Maybe a bad limit switch.what code flashes when in lockout?
hev-v  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 6:08:31 AM(UTC)
hev-v

it was 1 flash that means external lockout ive changed pressure switch flame sensor it seems to have more problems on rainy days windi days and wormer days flame sensor onley reads 1.0 on dc mill
kurt h  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:37:18 AM(UTC)
kurt h

a very common problem with the flame rod (sensor) is that over time a thin layer of carbon will build up on rod and send a false signal to the ignition module causing it to lock out.usually you can pull it out and carefully sand the flame rod.reinstall. Make sure you have a good connection to board. And a good ground to furnace where rod holder is attached.
hev-v  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:00:30 PM(UTC)
hev-v

Originally Posted by: kurt h Go to Quoted Post
a very common problem with the flame rod (sensor) is that over time a thin layer of carbon will build up on rod and send a false signal to the ignition module causing it to lock out.usually you can pull it out and carefully sand the flame rod.reinstall. Make sure you have a good connection to board. And a good ground to furnace where rod holder is attached.

on my unit i have aux limit and high limit switch cant seem to find them i checked roll out switch ok i just changed flame sensor i have been adjusting white rodgers pressure on gas it seems to help it sounded like a jet airplane taking off i would like to try and check high limit switch if i could find it and how to check it i would also like to say thank all of u for helping with this problem this site is the best

THANKS HEV_V
kurt h  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:23:06 PM(UTC)
kurt h

gas pressure could be your problem. But not likely.you can buy a cheap manometer to check it though. If its locking out more often when its windy id think inducer fan, vent pipe,combustion air pipe or pressure switch.check tubing also.i dont know what the elevation is where you live. But if over 2000 ft you usually need a hi altitude pressure switch.as for limits they should ohm out 0 ohms.you can heat it and it should open.(infinate restince) youll hear it click.after it cools should close again.
hev-v  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:12:51 AM(UTC)
hev-v

Originally Posted by: kurt h Go to Quoted Post
gas pressure could be your problem. But not likely.you can buy a cheap manometer to check it though. If its locking out more often when its windy id think inducer fan, vent pipe,combustion air pipe or pressure switch.check tubing also.i dont know what the elevation is where you live. But if over 2000 ft you usually need a hi altitude pressure switch.as for limits they should ohm out 0 ohms.you can heat it and it should open.(infinate restince) youll hear it click.after it cools should close again.

I changed the pressure switch control board this unit was put in 2004 the 2nd heating year starting having problems with unit air works fine they have this problem in canada and a lot of other places i have been running unit with door cracked sinse 2005 i must have gotten a lemon when it quits i will get another one no more Amanas I am thankfull for heat and thankfull for this site have a happy new year

THANK YOU HEV-V
allanmurray20  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:37:27 AM(UTC)
allanmurray20

Hello, I'm just a newbie here. I would like to contribute about some reference regarding tree pruning or service which may of be of interest to everyone. Thank you.
Defensible Space in Lake Tahoe
allanmurray20  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:32:09 AM(UTC)
allanmurray20

Hi, in this instance, I would like to share about plumbing for residential services in the area of greater Toronto area. drain cleaning Oakville
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply