Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/heating-ventilation-air-conditioning-hvac/)
-   -   hvac unit gas (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/heating-ventilation-air-conditioning-hvac/512289-hvac-unit-gas.html)

hev-v 12-23-2012 05:18 AM

hvac unit gas

heat will not work with door in place you have to have door off or cracked for unit to stay running if door is on it keeps going into lock out mode

kurt h 12-23-2012 01:35 PM

could be plugged filter somewhere in return duct. Maybe a bad limit switch.what code flashes when in lockout?

hev-v 12-24-2012 07:08 AM

it was 1 flash that means external lockout ive changed pressure switch flame sensor it seems to have more problems on rainy days windi days and wormer days flame sensor onley reads 1.0 on dc mill

kurt h 12-24-2012 12:37 PM

a very common problem with the flame rod (sensor) is that over time a thin layer of carbon will build up on rod and send a false signal to the ignition module causing it to lock out.usually you can pull it out and carefully sand the flame rod.reinstall. Make sure you have a good connection to board. And a good ground to furnace where rod holder is attached.

hev-v 12-26-2012 03:00 PM

limit switch

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt h (Post 790246)
a very common problem with the flame rod (sensor) is that over time a thin layer of carbon will build up on rod and send a false signal to the ignition module causing it to lock out.usually you can pull it out and carefully sand the flame rod.reinstall. Make sure you have a good connection to board. And a good ground to furnace where rod holder is attached.

on my unit i have aux limit and high limit switch cant seem to find them i checked roll out switch ok i just changed flame sensor i have been adjusting white rodgers pressure on gas it seems to help it sounded like a jet airplane taking off i would like to try and check high limit switch if i could find it and how to check it i would also like to say thank all of u for helping with this problem this site is the best

THANKS HEV_V

kurt h 12-26-2012 04:23 PM

gas pressure could be your problem. But not likely.you can buy a cheap manometer to check it though. If its locking out more often when its windy id think inducer fan, vent pipe,combustion air pipe or pressure switch.check tubing also.i dont know what the elevation is where you live. But if over 2000 ft you usually need a hi altitude pressure switch.as for limits they should ohm out 0 ohms.you can heat it and it should open.(infinate restince) youll hear it click.after it cools should close again.

hev-v 12-27-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt h (Post 790714)
gas pressure could be your problem. But not likely.you can buy a cheap manometer to check it though. If its locking out more often when its windy id think inducer fan, vent pipe,combustion air pipe or pressure switch.check tubing also.i dont know what the elevation is where you live. But if over 2000 ft you usually need a hi altitude pressure switch.as for limits they should ohm out 0 ohms.you can heat it and it should open.(infinate restince) youll hear it click.after it cools should close again.

I changed the pressure switch control board this unit was put in 2004 the 2nd heating year starting having problems with unit air works fine they have this problem in canada and a lot of other places i have been running unit with door cracked sinse 2005 i must have gotten a lemon when it quits i will get another one no more Amanas I am thankfull for heat and thankfull for this site have a happy new year

THANK YOU HEV-V