Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mike mc.  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 11:50:26 AM(UTC)
mike mc.

Groups: Registered

Hi !
Our window unit was holdin water to the point that it started spitting water inside. So I drilled a hole in the housing to let it drain. Well when I missjudged one of the two holes....I hit the fanblade and it shattered. Not the squerrel cage....the outside one by the evaporator.I need to know how to replace it. The coil appears to be solidly soldered in place and it has to be moved to access the fan......sighh Please Help:eek: !
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jagsmaned  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:15:44 PM(UTC)
Jagsmaned

Groups: Registered

Hello,

To replaced the Condenser fan blade on unit it is not necessary to remove the condenser. First, with the unit out of the casing, you would want to remove the screws that hold the condenser in place. There should be 2 on either side of the plastic casing that covers the fan blade. Also remove the 2 screws that hold the condenser to the base of the unit. Once all screws are removed, being careful, lift the condenser up from base. You may want to wear a pair of gloves when doing this as the coils can be sharp if they slip across hand. Once the condenser is lifted from base you should be able to pull it out a little still being careful with your refrigerant lines. This should expose the fan blade enough to remove it and put new one in. Once new fan blade is installed and secured reinstall condenser and put screws back in place.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply